Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Valentine Boxes


Do your kids make boxes to bring to class for their valentines? Here's what my girls and I came up with last night. Katelyn's is made out of a frozen waffle box and some extra cereal box for the rounded top. It's reminiscent of the street corner type mailbox. Isn't the flap cute?
{Instructions below!}





Lily's preschool class has six students, so this cereal box turned ipod is just the right size. Katelyn gave me the idea to make earbuds out of two foam hearts stuck together. Isn't she a paper crafting genius? I wonder where she gets that from?




So here are instructions on how I made the Valentine Mailbox:









Happy Valentine's day!

11 comments:

Sarah G. said...

Looks like you girls had fun! The boxes are so cute. I really like the heart earbuds. Great idea!!

Sarah G.

Chelsea said...

sooo cute and creative ... I love it and the heart ear buds are wonderful!!!

Anonymous said...

Super Cute Julie, we'll be looking for the pattern.

Anonymous said...

Sweet project, Julie. I bet these will be a classroom hit!

Ad K.

Debra Hensley said...

Absolutely Adorable Julie! Your girls are so blessed to have such a creative Mom! I'm sure both boxes will be the hit of each class!!

Unknown said...

These are a hoot! You are so creative!

Melisa Waldorf said...

These are soooo adorable!! I know your girls have to be so proud of their boxes.

Anonymous said...

Very cute. I like those. my daughter would like them both.

Rho's place said...

Julie I love your tutorials, I wish I would of spoke up at Escape to let you know, you are an inspiration to me.
Angel hugs,
Rhodeen

Tonniece said...

OMG, how cute.The earbuds are a wonderful idea. Yup, Love it.

Scrap with the soul said...

I like this boxes. Who is a tutorial? That beautiful.
You are tagued in my blog.