Monday, March 30, 2009

Floral Vines - Three Techniques to Try

Remember the images I was coloring by the pool? They were from the April Stamp of the Month from The Angel Company, Floral Vines. As a demonstrator, I'm able to order them ahead of time, so I can try out techniques that show how versatile the set is.

Here are three to try:

Quick and Easy Watercolor Pencils - You probably saw my You Tube video with this technique. It's so fast and fun, I used it on this swap card for the Angel gathering in Kansas.

Coloring with Bic Markers - If you're like me and haven't been able to spring for Copics, this is the technique for you. Bic's permanent markers have similar properties and can be blended together for great shading. (Even better: Target and Walmart have big sets for cheap!) On this gate fold card, I used Hot Aqua, Polynesian Purple and Lime Sorbet. The addition of a little shading with a Gray Tombow is the perfect finishing touch!

Magic Chalks - The combination of Versamagic Ink (I used Aloe Vera) and Jewel Tones Pearlescent chalks is magical! See how to achieve this soft effect by watching this quick video. (Click here if the video doesn't appear.)



So, are you sold on this set? It can be yours before April 30, 2009 for $9.75 with a $30 purchase. Better yet, have a show, where I'll demonstrate these or a whole new set of techniques and you could earn one of the Spring Into April sets FREE! If you're not in Denver, Email me to find out how you can have your own Party in a Box!

6 comments:

Stacy's Paper Crafts said...

Great video Jewels!

Jewels said...

Thanks, Stacy! Did you wonder why there was no talking in the video this time? I muted all the video clips because my kids were on Spring Break and all you'd have heard in the background was Sponge Bob. Ha ha! Jewels

Amy Kolling said...

I love your coloring video!! Your stamples are great! I have been wanting to buy some Bics to use....I like how they look!!

Chelsea said...

Gorgeous!!! .... I have never used my chalks with the chalk inks ... why I don't know but WOW have you inspired me now! Wonderful video .. Thanks for sharing!

Helen Dooley said...

I love the bravo card. The flower really stands out. Great color combo!

Anonymous said...

What a great technique! Thanks for sharing it in a tutorial!

Christina