Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Peppermint Marshmallow Pops (for Stirring in Hot Cocoa)

Here's a heart-warming idea for Valentine's Day or even just a winter thank you. The peppermint marshmallow pop can be eaten as is or stirred into a cup of hot cocoa for a yummy treat.

These are the supplies you'll need: marshmallows, almond bark melt, leftover candy canes (or starlight mints) and lollipop sticks (we also used coffee stirrers).

Melt the almond bark in a double boiler.

Crush the candy canes. I tried my mini food processor, but the candy can get stuck, so crushing them inside a plastic baggy and dishtowel with a meat tenderizer worked well as a back-up.

When the candy is melted, place a stick in each marshmallow and dip in almond bark melt (be careful--marshmallows can melt), then dip in crushed candy cane.

Place on wax or parchment paper and cool in refrigerator. (As soon as they are firm, seal in a zip top bag to keep the marshmallows soft.)



For a quick tutorial on my "Window Box" CLICK HERE. I designed it to hold a packet of cocoa and our peppermint marshmallow treat, but it works for other fun things too. Won't this treat melt our teachers' hearts?!


7 comments:

JAN said...

wow scrummy goodness..

Barb said...

Yummy AND cute! I can't wait for the package design ;)

Chris said...

Yum! I love home made gifts and this one looks delicious. Thanks for sharing.

Helen Dooley said...

great idea! It really sounds yummy.

Bridgett Owens said...

Oh I love it!! I may just have to grab the supplies for this tomorrow to make for my daughter's teacher! Sweet treat for sure! LOVE IT!
Angel Hugs,
Bridgett

Chelsea said...

WOW ... love that marshmellow idea!!! That is terrific!!!

Anonymous said...

Yum!! I have some leftover white chocolate bark that this would work well with! I bet these would be really good as S'mores too! TFS!