Friday, October 14, 2011

Easy Halloween Treat: Peanut Butter Pumpkins

These are as delicious to eat as they are fun for you and your kids to make!

Ingredients:

  • 1 1/2 cups creamy peanut butter
  • 1/2 cup butter, softened
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1 teaspoon orange gel icing color
  • 4 cups confectioners' sugar
  • mini pretzels or pretzel sticks
Instructions:

Creme together peanut butter, butter, vanilla and gel icing color with a mixer.  (You can use regular food coloring by combining red and yellow, but the gel coloring is very concentrated and yields the best consistency.)

Add the confectioner's sugar a small amount at a time.  The mixture will become very stiff and difficult to mix.  Use a rubber spatula to combine any of the mix that clings to the side of the bowl.

Roll 1 tablespoon at a time into a ball and make creases with the back of a butter knife.

 Kids love helping make these!  I usually give them a small amount so they can make their very own plate. {wink}
The finishing touch is to add a pretzel stem.  Mini pretzels or stick pretzels both look darling. Refrigerate  pumpkins until ready to serve. Have fun and leave me a note if you enjoyed making these!

6 comments:

BarbL said...

Yummo! This will be fun to do with my BIG kids. Thanks for sharing!

Patti J said...

OMG, what fun!!! Thanks for sharing!

Chelsea said...

These look very fun!

Tina @ Sugar Bean Bakers said...

These are adorable! I might get them made for Thanksgiving...

If I do, may I post and credit you on my blog?

You can email me

sugarbeanbakers@gmail.com

thanks!

Tina

Unknown said...

You come up with the BEST ideas!! Wished my granddaughters were closer....

Unknown said...

How long do these keep for? Can I make them in advance?