Monday, November 7, 2011

Cute Fall Cupcake and Easy Bake Sale Packaging

I'm not a huge baker, but I could not resist the super-easy pumpkin & cake mix recipe that kept popping up on Pinterest and I needed something easy for our school bake sale.  I also saw on Pinterest this cute little acorn treat that was made by Design Dazzle and it was the perfect extra sparkle I needed for my cupcakes!

The kids can help you make these cute treats, using Mini Nilla Wafers, Hershey's Kisses, some mini chocolate chips and a little chocolate frosting.  This would be a really fun thing to make on Thanksgiving, but if you do have a fall bake sale like I did, here is another super easy tip:
Use a plastic tumbler and a baggie to package your cupcakes.  (Baggies brand, with the alligator on the package are the cheapest.)  This keeps the cupcakes protected and a little bit of satin ribbon adds a perfect touch!  Now, go try the pumpkin recipe.  It is seriously de.licious!  (And leave me a little note if you have not tried Pinterest yet and you need an invite.)  ;)

3 comments:

Elaine said...

Nice Fall cupcake decoration! And what a nice way to package them up so they don't get smashed!

Nancy said...

Really enjoy your blog! I would love an invitation to Pinterest. I have signed up for one at the site several times but an invite so far has not come thru.
Thanks for the offer of an invite.

Susan said...

These cupcakes are adorable, and the "carrier" is so clever!